Monday, October 5, 2009

Tanjung Burung Tilapia


It was Saturday morning, I head my car toward the Jakarta International Airport and made a stop just before the gate into the airport. I met with a fellow flyfisherman ... one who actually introduced me to the world of fly fishing: Ricky.

Turned out, Ricky was there earlier and he took along his eldest son Fritz. We had planned this trip a week before to fish for brackish water milkfish and tilapia.

It wasn't until another 30-45 minutes before we reached the the boatman's place. After unloading all the equipment onto the boat, we cruised along the river for about 15 minutes until we arrived near the location. Another 5 minute walked we reached our final destination: a complex of large brackish ponds filled with milk fish and tilapias.

To make the long story short, I'll let the pictures say it all ... (only sample of so many successful landings). I'll talk about my successful story with the milkfish tomorrow ...  :D







No comments:

Post a Comment